Hey everyone, so I just wanted to let you know yet AGAIN that I will not be able to make a huge post tonight, but hopefully tomorrow night I will be able to do so. I have been staying in Tenri City with my friend Lewis... Well, partly with Lewis. I have had quite the Anthropological experience in the last few days, and I really can't wait to tell everyone about it.
In short, Tenri is a city inhabited by people who follow a religion called Tenrikyo. So I have been learning about that and participating as much as I can. Basically, this time is when people from all over the world gather at the main shrine, known as the Jiba, which is where they believe people were first created... So its a bit crazy. I really wish I could have taken pictures and/or video of some of the rituals but, alas, no cameras allowed.
Anyhow, I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm not dead... Just been busy. And Sym, I'm recovering quite well. Lewis did some healing prayers for me as well. =) When in Rome, right?
Tomorrow I am going to Okayama for a few days and then its back up to Tokyo for about a week.
More details/pictures tomorrow!
P.S. Sorry, no link to any photos this time... Not really much time to upload. But I do have quite a few from the last couple of days. Well, maybe not... hah. But I hope you enjoy them when they do get posted!
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














No comments:
Post a Comment